- GREAT KAT SHRED GUITAR
THE GREAT KAT GUITAR VIRTUOSO!
THE GREAT KAT DVDS:
AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO FEATURES THE GREAT KATíS "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" & "EXTREME GUITAR SHRED"!
BUY OR RENT at http://www.amazon.com/Great-Kat-Beethovens-Guitar-Shred/dp/B00C8YYJ7G/ref=sr_1_3?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1365437697&sr=1-3&keywords=The+Great+Kat
THE GREAT KAT MUSIC VIDEOS:
- NEW ON YOUTUBE!! VIVALDI'S "THE FOUR SEASONS" MUSIC VIDEO Ė The Great Kat Guitar Goddess SHREDS VIVALDI on NEW Music Video at http://youtu.be/R_hn7HKHbDs
THE GREAT KAT FEATURED
ENTS24 FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "The Great Kat. AKA Katherine
Thomas, a classical violin graduate of the famed Juilliard
school, who has reinvented herself as a guitar shredder. She is
believed to be the fastest female guitarist in the world."
"The Great Kat. 'Beethoven Shreds'. 110 out of 100 points FULL
SCORE for KILLER METAL !!!!! The Great Kat has been a heavy
metal legend and a true metal heroÖand the worlds greatest
shredding metal thrashing guitarist." -Ron Mabe,
NEW COMPETITION! "Win 1 of 5 The Great Kat's Vivaldi's - The Four Seasons CDs" on MUSIC-NEWS.COM! "GUITAR GODDESS THE GREAT KAT SHREDS VIVALDI'S 'THE FOUR SEASONS' Music Video on Guitar And Violin!" closing date: 20 Feb 2013
"INSPIRING ALL-AMERICAN WOMEN" Featuring The Great Kat, is the #1 POST for 2012 in "FEELING GOOD ABOUT FEMINISM"! "I admire The Great Kat for her musical talent and charisma. Kat defies the odds, with mind-blowing technical skills on guitar and violin. I frequently wish that more women will pursue technical skill sets in music; the world needs more of us who self-identify as 'Great'." - by sparksofme, Feeling Good About Feminism
THAT METAL BLOG NAMES THE GREAT KAT "TOP 5 WOMEN OF HEAVY METAL"!
"The Great Kat is most popular for her solo covers of well-known classical composers like Vivaldi, Beethoven, and Bach. Guitar One magazine even named her as one of the 'top shredders of all Time.' Parading on stage in dominatrix attire, The Great Kat performed wicked solos and thrash metal riffs." - That Metal Blog
THE METAL PIT NAMES THE GREAT KAT "METAL MAIDEN OF THE MONTH DECEMBER 2012"!
"THE METAL PIT features this month as Metal Maiden of the Month the legendary guitar virtuoso THE GREAT KAT!!! Combining classical music and guitar shredding she has inspired many females and males to pick up a guitar." - Blake Mossey, The Metal Pit
GUITAR TRICKS NAMES THE GREAT KAT "SIX OF MUSIC'S MOST INFLUENTIAL WOMEN GUITARISTS"!
"Guitar virtuoso The Great Kat is 'girl power' at its raunchiest. Thrash metal guitarist who's been dubbed one of the fastest on the planet. Kat's finger-bleeding speed has to be heard to be believed. She's mind-boggingly fast. Here's a short clip of Kat playing guitar and violin on 'The Flight of the Bumblebee'. Her first live performance left the entire audience with mouths agape, shocked that a woman could play faster than practically any guy in the world." - Guitar Tricks
METALHOLIC MAGAZINE NAMES THE GREAT KAT "METALHOLIC'S 15 HOTTEST FEMALE GUITAR SHREDDERS"! "The art of female shred began with speed demon, The Great Kat. The Juilliard trained musician has won numerous accolades as one of the fastest guitar players in the world. Her talent is undeniable, and her over-the-top self-sexploitation has made her the first name to most casual metal fans lips when female lead guitarists are mentioned." - Rustyn Rose, Metalholic Magazine
RADIOACTIVE METAL RADIO SHOW AWARDS THE GREAT KAT "SNOWY'S ANGEL OF THE YEAR" in "2011 RAMMY AWARDS"! "Frickin awesome. The Great Kat! She put out a killer album, 'Beethoven Shreds', this year. The Great Kat is really doing a lot to advance metal and Classical Music - the fusion of them. She's my Snowy's Angel Of The Year." - Roch Vaillancourt, Radioactive Metal - HEAR RADIO SHOW NOW!
FRANKFURTER RUNDSCHAU NEWSPAPER NAMES THE GREAT KAT'S "WAGNER'S WAR" CD "THE BEST RECORDS 2011"! "The best music of 2011: The Great Kat: Wagnerís War, Tpr Music/Cargo" - Frankfurter Rundschau Newspaper (Germany)
"WRITER'S CHOICE AWARD" FROM PAPER DRAGON INK GOES TO THE GREAT KAT'S "ROSSINI'S RAPE" CD!
GUITAR WORLD MAGAZINE'S READERS' POLL NAMES THE GREAT KAT "TOP-10 FASTEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME"!
GUITAR WORLD MAGAZINE READER'S POLL NAMES THE GREAT KAT #5 in "THE 50 FASTEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME"!
GUITAR WORLD MAGAZINE NAMES THE GREAT KAT "50 FASTEST GUITARISTS OF ALL
TIME"! "The Great Kat. SIGNATURE SONG: 'The Flight of the Bumble
Bee'. Juilliard-trained virtuoso. Heavy leather dominatrix persona so
over the top." -
Guitar World Magazine
- The Great Kat's Music on GOOGLE PLAY!
- THE JUILLIARD SCHOOL'S ALUMNI NEWS FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "Katherine Thomas, a.k.a. the Great Kat (Diploma, violin), received a star in the Guitar Hero Galaxy in the May/June issue of
magazine." - The Juilliard School's Alumni News
- MTV ARTISTS FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S SHRED/CLASSICAL MASTERPIECE CDS!
MUSICRADAR.COM NAMES THE GREAT KAT AS "20 OF THE FASTEST GUITARISTS IN THE WORLD TODAY"! "The Great Kat. Fastest track: Metal Messiah. The Great Kat deserves credit, not just for her incredible speed, but for sticking to her passion. An uncompromising shred demon hell-bent on bringing classical music crashing into the 20th (and now the 21st) century, preferably at about 500bpm." - Matthew Parker, MusicRadar.com
- FEELING GOOD ABOUT FEMINISM NAMES THE GREAT KAT "TOP 5 AMAZING WOMEN YOU ASPIRE TO BE LIKE" in "INSPIRING ALL-AMERICAN WOMEN"! "I admire The Great Kat for her musical talent and charisma. Kat defies the odds, with mind-blowing technical skills on guitar and violin. I frequently wish that more women will pursue technical skill sets in music; the world needs more of us who self-identify as 'Great'." - by sparksofme, Feeling Good About Feminism
SOUTHERN FRIED GAMER Features GUITAR GODDESS GREAT KAT in "Great Kat Shreds Her Way Into Beethoven Exhibit"!
- ABC-TV'S TAKE FIVE & COMPANY SHOW (Grand Rapids, MI) FEATURES THE GREAT KATíS "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD! "The Great Kat. This woman is the world's fastest female guitarist. She is a graduate of the Juilliard School, so you know she has cred. She's a violin virtuoso and the worldís fastest guitar shredder. Her new ĎBeethoven Shredsí CD showcases Classical music shredded on the guitar and violin, weíre talking Beethoven, Bach, Paganini. ĎFlight of the Bumble-Beeí. Thatís cool!" - Take Five & Company TV Show WATCH SHOW HERE!
- "AMERICA'S BEETHOVEN EXHIBIT" at THE IRA F. BRILLIANT CENTER FOR BEETHOVEN STUDIES FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD! "No one has exploited Beethoven to the extent that Katherine Thomas, known as The Great Kat, has. She does not just play Beethoven: she considers herself Beethoven reincarnated. In a male-dominated field, heavy metal, she is virtuosic, transgressive, and aggressive." - Michael Broyles, Co-Curator, with William Meredith and Patricia Stroh, "America's Beethoven Exhibit" at The Ira F. Brilliant Center For Beethoven Studies, San Jose State University
The Great Kat, Beethoven On Speed CD. YouTube: The Great Kat, "Beethoven Mosh". The Great Kat, Beethoven Shreds CD.
- TOTAL GUITAR MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "BEETHOVEN SYMPHONY NO 5 (1ST MOVEMENT)"! "The Great Kat (Beethoven Shreds) includes a short arrangement of the tune [Beethoven Symphony No 5] at a breakneck tempo, infused with shred heroics and speed-metal accompaniment. The Great Kat's shred histrionics take Beethoven's Fifth to a whole new level...Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #3. The Great Kat provides 100 seconds of utterly mad shred guitar with multiple lead parts weaving in and out of each other, all played at lightning pace." - Total Guitar Magazine (July 2012 Issue)
"INSANITY 101: WAY OF THE GODS THE GREAT KAT" in SKINNY DEVIL MAGAZINE! "The Great Kat Ė who is not only an excellent shredder, but a fine composer, too Ė is probably best known for re-orchestrating classical music standards for shred-metal interpretation. This has included the works of Vivaldi, Rossini, Beethoven, and others, and requires a firm grasp of both speed-picking and sweep-picking, not to mention a very limber fret-hand." -Skinny Devil, Skinny Devil Magazine
- SIRIUS XM SATELLITE RADIO'S LIQUID METAL Features THE GREAT KATíS "METAL MESSIAH" on IAN CHRISTE'S "9 YEARS OF METAL HISTORY" on BLOODY ROOTS SHOW!
- YOUTUBE LAUNCHES "YOUTUBE - THE GREAT KAT" CHANNEL, FEATURING TONS OF INSANE GUITAR SHRED GREAT KAT MUSIC VIDEOS & TV SHOWS: "Metal Messiah", "Beethoven Mosh", Paganini's "Caprice #24", "The Flight Of The Bumble-Bee", "Good Day New York", "The Morton Downey Jr. Show" & MUCH MORE! http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCuJG9jO1nSCE/featured
TIME MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "FOXLV2 BLUETOOTH PORTABLE SPEAKER REVIEW"! "The Great Kat? Of ďBeethoven on SpeedĒ fame? Using it as a traveling practice amp? Mission accomplished! I asked to give the baseline model a whirl." - Matt Peckham, Time Magazine
- Download The Great Kat's SHRED/CLASSICAL Music on MUVE at http://musicroom.wpoc.com/iplaylist/artist/26474/
- "The Great Kat 'Top 10 Fastest Shredders of All Time' Uses foxL when Shredding Guitar at 300 BPM"! "The Great Kat 'Top 10 Fastest Shredders of All Time' - Guitar One Magazine, with over 1 million YouTube views, uses the portable foxL to shred wherever she goes, when a full-sized guitar stack amp would be impractical: warming up before recording sessions and on tour."
- THE GREAT KAT IN EXAMINER.COM'S "MUSIC FANS CAN BID ON MEMORABILIA TO SUPPORT GRAMMY FOUNDATION AND MUSICARES"! "Flying V's are favorited by a wide range of guitarists, from ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons to the female guitar virtuoso The Great Kat." - Phyllis Pollack, Rock Music Examiner, Examiner.com
- NPR FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S INTERVIEW ON "PERFORMANCE TODAY" WITH MARTIN GOLDSMITH! "Martin talks to The Great Kat, a.k.a. Katherine Thomas, Juilliard graduate, composer and self-styled multi-media wizard who claims that she is the reincarnation of Beethoven. Her CD, 'Beethoven on Speed' and 'The Great Kat's Digital Beethoven on Cyberspeed CD ROM' promise to 'take you screaming into the 21st century.'" - NPR "Get ready for a jolt!" - Martin Goldsmith, National Public Radio
GIGWISE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE NAKED AND FAMOUS: STARS WHO CAN'T KEEP THEIR CLOTHES ON"! "The Great Kat - The Great Kat, whose real name is Katherine Thomas (sounds a lot more serene doesn't it?), has built a career on dressing like a dominatrix. Here she is in one of her more tame publicity shots, looking like she's prepared to rip our heads off." - Gigwise
ATTACK MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE WOMEN OF ROCK"! "KATHERINE THOMAS: The Great Kat. The impressive bloody blonde, began as a model student violinist, even giving a concert as a solo violinist at Carnegie Hall. Great passion for the greats among the greats (Wagner, Paganini, Beethoven, Bach, Vivaldi ...) she realized that classical music was dead (according to her), and discovered speed metal. Her virtuosity on the violin was adapted to the guitar, and today is considered one of the fastest guitarists in the world." -
Alejandra Rivera C., Attack Magazine
- THE GREAT KAT'S "WORSHIP ME OR DIE!" IN HOUSTON PRESS' "BIG 1987 DEBUT ALBUMS"! "The Great Kat, Worship Me Or Die" - Craig Hlavaty, Houston Press
- MOVEMENT MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "NEW VIOLIN AND GUITAR YOUTUBE GREAT KAT VIDEO CLIP. BACH'S "BRANDENBURG CONCERTO #3"!
SPIN MAGAZINE HONORS THE GREAT KAT WITH A STAR IN THE "GUITAR HERO GALAXY"! "THE LOUDER THE BETTER - INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE. From rock legends to the Devil - with callouts to and riffs from today's hottest players-our highly subjective classification of the guitar-hero galaxy. THE GREAT KAT." - David Marchese, Spin Magazine (May/June 2012)
MARIA'S SPACE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE GREAT KAT SHREDS THE CLASSICS"! "I truly love my metal and this chick can shred!" - Maria Gagliano, Maria's Space
GUITAR GIRL MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE GREAT KAT'S 'BEETHOVEN SHREDS' FUSES ICONIC CLASSIC WORKS WITH METAL"! "Guitar World Magazine called her one of the worldís 'greatest female guitarists,' and Guitar One Magazine called her one of the 'top ten shredders of all time.' The Great Kat. 'Beethoven Shreds'. Includes her version of the iconic classics 'The Flight Of The Bumble Bee,' Beethovenís '5th Symphony,' Bachís 'Brandenburg Concerto #3' and Paganiniís 'Caprice #24.'" - Phyllis Pollack, Guitar Girl Magazine
NECROMAG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE GREAT KAT SHREDS THE CLASSICS"!
"The Great Kat. 'Beethoven Shreds' which includes speed demon versions of five renowned classical compositions, lacing these masterpieces with the fuel and fury of metal. Combining classical content with thrash ferocity one of Katís signature pieces is Flight of Bumble Bee performed at over 300bpm. This storm of speed on both guitar and violin strings plays bafflingly fast, Kat effectively crashes together two opposing musical forces with all the gusto that shines through in her intimidating performances." - James Paterson, Necromag
EXAMINER.COM FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN: THE GREAT KAT'S 'BEETHOVEN SHREDS' RESTYLES FAMED COMPOSER"! "The Great Kat, whose 34 videos have collectively received over one million hits on YouTube, has released her eleventh album. Appropriately titled 'Beethoven Shreds,' a speed demon version of five revered classical tracks served up Great Kat style on guitar. Combining her love of all things metal with her knowledge of classical music, the album is a whirlwind look at Beethoven gone metal. Lacing virtuosity with speed." - Phyllis Pollack, Rock Music Examiner, Examiner.com
IMAGING INSIDER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT GUITAR GODDESS!! "OVER 1 MILLION YOUTUBE VIEWS OF THE GREAT KATíS SHRED/CLASSICAL MUSIC VIDEOS! BEETHOVEN, PAGANINI, BACH, ďTHE FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLE-BEEĒ & more!"
- SOUTHERN FRIED GAMER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "GREAT KAT WANTS TO MAKE YOU ONE IN A MILLION"!
- MINTLIFE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "A SHOCKING TALENT"! "A Shocking Talent. The Great Kat is a larger than life Juilliard trained classical violinist turned guitar shredder (extremely fast guitarist in the heavy metal style). She takes her knowledge of the great works of Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart and processes them through a heavy metal music filter to 'single-handedly resurrect classical music.' What she does: Katís extreme talent and classical training allows her to create an outrageous persona that supports both her professional message and motivation." -Rachel Weingarten, MintLife
SOUTHERN FRIED GAMER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "GREAT KAT TEACHES YOU HOW TO SHRED"! "The queen of classical shred violin and one of the fastest guitar players in the world, The Great Kat, has posted some new demonstration videos on to Youtube. Beethovenís 5th and Flight of the Bumblebee include the tablature and music notation, if you get the hankering to give it a try yourself. Good luck with that. When her music comes through my stereo on my playlist, my ears have a hard time keeping up. If you like shred or classical music, you should check these vids out." - Will C, Southern Fried Gamer
- METAL LIFE MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "GREAT KAT guitar shred demonstrations of Beethoven, Paganini and more"!
THE JUILLIARD SCHOOL'S ALUMNI NEWS FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "Wagnerís War, an album by Katherine Thomas, a.k.a. the Great Kat (Pre-College; Diploma, violin), was named one of the best records of 2011 by Frankfurter Rundschau newspaper." - The Juilliard School's Alumni News
- ACCENT ON TAMPA BAY MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD!
- "The Great Kat guitar goddess is the renowned Juilliard Grad Violin Virtuoso/Carnegie Recital Hall Violin Soloist turned guitar-shred virtuoso, famous for shredding exciting classical Music at astounding speeds on the guitar. Revolutionizing classical and metal at the same time."
- INMUSIC FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "CHICK METAL GUITARIST SHREDS BEETHOVEN, BACH (WATCH!)"!
"Great Kat, a foxy, speed metal-loving guitar shredder who also happens to be a Juilliard graduate violin virtuoso with a penchant for kicking the stuffing out of classical compositions by giving them rock treatments. Great Kat has apparently been amassing fans of her lightning-fast metal-meets-classical guitar playing from far and wide. I especially like her head-snapping run through Rimsky-Korsakovís 'The Flight of the Bumblebee.' Enjoy!" -Kim Hughes, InMusic
- SOUTHERN FRIED GAMER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "THIS LADY CAN SHRED FASTER THAN YOU!"
- ROMPE LAS CADENAS FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "THE GREAT KAT LAUNCHES NEW ALBUM"!
"The English guitarist ranked among the ten best in the world released a new album, which is titled 'Beethoven Shreds,' and, as the name anticipates, plays compositions by Beethoven, Bach, Paganini and Rimsky-Korsakov, among others." -Rompe Las Cadenas
- MUSICPLAYERS BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "'BEETHOVEN SHREDS' CD NOW OUT WORLDWIDE!"
MUSICA HEAVY FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "NOTI-FLASH HEAVY (INTERNATIONAL): THE GREAT KAT"! "The virtuoso and sweeping The Great Kat, recognized among the top 10 shred instrumentalists of all time, has a new album worldwide titled Beethoven Shreds. The CD includes pieces recognized worldwide, such as 'The Flight of the Bumblebee', 'The Fifth Symphony,' Beethoven, 'Caprice No. 24' by Paganini and 'Brandenburg Concerto' by Bach, performed at full speed." - Musica Heavy
- SOUTHERN FRIED GAMER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "BEETHOVEN NOW SHREDDING WORLD WIDE" - Will C., Southern Fried Gamer
- METAL SHOCK FINLAND FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "THE GREAT KAT GUITAR SHREDDER: BEETHOVEN SHREDS CD NOW OUT WORLDWIDE Ė FEATURING BEETHOVEN, BACH, PAGANINI"
- RAFABASA.COM FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "METALLICA Ė RIOT Ė Tracy G Ė DIO Ė MORGOTH Ė SUICIDAL ANGELS Ė THE GREAT KAT"
- CINCINNATI CITYBEAT'S "SQUEEZE THE DAY FOR 12/16" FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "Great modern Beethoven reimaginer ó The Great Kat! The Metal guitarist is one of the fastest on the planet (ask Guitar World magazine, which ranked her on their list of the 50 fastest players ever). Kat is a LVB superfan known for her takes on the musical genius' greatest composition. It's pretty much exactly what you would think a wild-eyed Thrash Metal guitar shredder playing Classical music would sound like, but impressive nonetheless." - Mike Breen, Cincinnati CityBeat
- MY BOOK, THE MOVIE BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "MICHAEL BROYLES'S 'BEETHOVEN IN AMERICA'"!
"He here shares some ideas about casting the adaptation of-- his new book, Beethoven in America: How do you make a movie about story that spans two-hundred years of American history, about an icon who was long dead, and when alive never set foot on America? Itís not easy, but Hollywood has always relished challenges. Katherine Thomas, The Great Kat of the heavy metal world, claims to be Beethoven reincarnated. There could be a complete transformation here." - Marshal Zeringue, My Book, The Movie Blog
- NO CLEAN SINGING FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE GREAT KAT: THE MUSIC OF THE F**KIN 21ST CENTURY"! "The Great Kat is like the female version of Gilbert Gottfried, except she looks tastier and she can shred. Guitar One magazine actually did list her as one of the Top 10 Fastest Shredders of All Time." - Islander, No Clean Singing
- PAPER DRAGON INK'S REVIEW OF THE GREAT KAT'S "GUITAR GODDESS", "BLOODY VIVALDI", "ROSSINI'S RAPE" & "WAGNER'S WAR" CDS! "Hard-hitting sucker punch of shredded classical mayhem. 'Wagnerís War' is definitely a work of art provided by the hands, and twisted minds, of The Great Kat. Another must have for the everyday audiophile." - Alex Hipkins, Paper Dragon Ink
- MEVIO MUSIC FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD IN MEVIO'S "MUSIC HOLIDAY BUYING GUIDE"! "The Great Kat named one of the fastest guitar players. Probably the fastest female shredder on the face of the earth. 'Flight Of The Bumble-Bee' at 300 Beats Per Minute. It does not get any faster than that. This makes a great stocking stuffer. The Great Kat 'Beethoven's Guitar Shred'." - Michael Butler, MEVIO Music
- M@N! MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "WOMEN IN METAL MUSIC"!
"Great Kat. Incredible talent, one of the best female guitar player. This blonde has managed something that no one before her could do: combine speed metal with classical music. This creates 'Beethoven on speed.' Charming and adorable, and controversial and scandalous. She is known for her eccentricity and personality." - Stefan Davidovic, M@N! Magazine
- "SHOCK ROCK: SEXO, VIOLENCIA Y TEATRO" ("Shock Rock: Sex, Violence and Theater"), NEW BOOK BY JORDI TARREGA, FEATURES THE GREAT KAT INTERVIEW! (Quarentena Publishing) "The Great Kat, the virtuoso violinist and guitarist of metal who shreds all classical artists such as Beethoven, Paganini, Vivaldi, Mozart, Bach. She plays their parts at the speed of light. She is quite a character, genius and figure, but her extensive classical training allows her to reach extreme speeds that few are able to reach." -Jordi Zelig Tarrega, The Metal Circus
- WQXR CLASSICAL RADIO FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "HOW BEETHOVEN BECAME AN AMERICAN ICON"! "Ludwig Through the Lens of Filmmakers, Activists, Rockers and Rappers. The Great Kat riffs on Beethoven." - By Brian Wise, WQXR Classical Radio
"WQXR Declares NOVEMBER BEETHOVEN AWARENESS MONTH"!
- METALSUCKS.NET FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE GREAT KAT WAS A GENIUS AHEAD OF HER TIME!"
- "THE GREAT KAT WAS A GENIUS AHEAD OF HER TIME! She was absolutely brilliant and way ahead of her time. Itís kind of amazing how simultaneously obsessed with the music of the past and locked into the technology of the future The Great Kat is. Sheís so sincere about her love of classical music and so cock-sure of the direction technology will head in the 21st CenturyÖ was she onto something or what?" - Vince Neilstein, Metalsucks.net
- THE BAILEY BROADCAST RADIO SHOW FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD & INSANE RADIO ID! "Rock Goddess! The very COOL rock goddess, The Great Kat. That was 'Flight of the Bumble-Bee'. We're talking speeds of up to 300 Beats a minute here. INSANE guitar shred speed. That is just totally insane. Get your copy of 'Beethoven Shreds'." - Bill Bailey, The Bailey Broadcast Radio Show, 92.7 FM KGBR HEAR RADIO SHOW NOW!
- EN 440 FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "TOP 50 OF THE FASTEST GUITARISTS"!
- METAL SERBIA FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in "THE FASTEST GUITARISTS OF THE WORLD"!
WENN - THE CELEBRITY WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK - FEATURES THE GREAT KAT: "YOUTUBE SENSATION THE GREAT KAT HAS BECOME KNOWN FOR HER HEAVY METAL TAKE ON CLASSICAL MUSIC"!
"The Great Kat shows off unique talents on Beethoven Shreds. YouTube sensation The Great Kat has become known for her heavy metal take on classical music and her shredding skills on the guitar have captivated audiences across the world. She has now recorded her unique talents on disc for Beethoven Shreds, showing listeners exactly why she is the world's fastest guitar shredder." - WENN
RADIOACTIVE METAL RADIO SHOW INDUCTS THE GREAT KAT INTO "SNOWY'S ANGELS HALL OF FAME"! "The Great Kat is now in the 'Snowy's Angels Hall Of Fame'. We're honored to induct axe virtuoso THE GREAT KAT!" - Roch Vaillancourt, Radioactive Metal
"The Great Kat. Great guitar player and great entertainer. 'Beethoven Shreds'. It's just incredible. So many notes every second. It's crazy! Great Kat takes it to another level of speed. She is shredding the whole time. Paganini's 'Caprice #24'. She just shreds on that one, too. Intense guitar shredding. It's so awesome."
HEAR RADIO SHOW NOW!
ROCK 94.7 Radio's "SCARY TERRY'S SATURDAY NIGHTMARE" SHOW Features THE GREAT KAT! "Scary Terry's Saturday Nightmare will have its first celebrity appearance. The Great Kat, one of the fastest guitarists of all time, was gracious enough to send me some voice work and a copy of her new album, Beethoven Shreds. Shred, it does." - Terry Stevens, Scary Terry's Saturday Nightmare Radio Show
HEAR RADIO SHOW NOW! "That upper tier of female metal artists is incomplete without The Great Kat. Holy face-melting shredding!"
SOUTHERN FRIED GAMER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "GREAT KAT'S ARMY, GETS NEW UNIFORM CHOICES"! "In celebration for the world wide launch of her latest album Beethoven Shreds, vivacious classically trained shred guitarist The Great Kat, launched a new line of T-shirts. She commands you to check them out, and choose your stripes." - By Will C, Southern Fried Gamer
- HEAVY METAL BROTHERHOOD FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "The Great Kat - Messiah Metal. This woman plays an incredible guitar." -Heavy Metal Brotherhood (Argentina)
HEAVY METAL BUZZ FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "Vote for my friend 'The Great Kat' in Guitar Worlds 'Who Is The Fastest Guitarist Of All Time' Poll? You will see many great guitarist on that list, but The Great Kat can shred them to HELL in her sleep." - Heavy Metal Buzz
SQUIDOO FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN
"FEMALE GUITAR SHREDDERS: THE GREAT
KAT"! "The Great Kat. And now,
the fastest of them all. Of all the
female shredders listed here
Juilliard-trained violinist the
Great Kat is the most
LA RELIGION DEL ROCK PESADO FEATURES
THE GREAT KAT in "Who is the fastest
guitarist of all time?"
HOUSTON PRESS NAMES THE GREAT KAT'S
"BLOODY VIVALDI" CD "OUR 14 FAVORITE
BLOODY ALBUM COVERS"!
"Bloody Vivaldi, The Great Kat" - By
Craig Hlavaty, Houston Press
MUSICOUCH NAMES THE GREAT KAT "TOP
15 FEMALE ROCK GUITAR PLAYERS"
"The Great Kat
THE ROCK AND ROLL GURU FEATURES THE
GREAT KAT IN "FRIDAY'S ROCKIN'
ROUNDUP - NATURAL DISASTER EDITION"!
"Hereís what rocked this week: The
Great Kat - The Worldís Fastest
Guitarist? Hereís an interesting
piece. This article is on
the Great Kat. Her current CD,
Beethoven Shreds, is available now.
So, is the Great Kat the worldís
fastest guitarist? I guess weíll
have to check out the CD to find
Vie, The Rock and Roll Guru
LA PUA (MEXICO) FEATURES GREAT KAT
IN "INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT
KAT-PUBLISHED ON MILENIO ONLINE
-'GREAT KAT BEETHOVEN'"!
AQUARIAN WEEKLY FEATURES THE GREAT
KAT IN "RANT 'N' ROLL: LOOKING BACK
"Great moments on television
included The Great Kat making
mincemeat out of Maury Povich." -
The Aquarian Weekly
TORONTO.COM FEATURES "BEETHOVEN
SHREDS" CD IN "THE ANTI-HIT LIST FOR
GREAT KAT. 'Flight of the
Bumblebee'. Hereís how fast
British-born, New York-raised
guitarist Katherine Thomas plays:
According to iTunes, her new album
Beethoven Shreds clocks in at 7 and
a half minutes long." - John
METAL HAMMER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT
IN "THE PRIMEVAL MOTHERS, PART 2: ON
YOUR KNEES!" "The Great Kat is a
classically trained Violinist. She
demands God-like admiration.
Classical pieces in breath-taking
speeds of high-fidelity. WORSHIP ME
OR DIE! is a absolute must hear for
Speed Metal fans." -
Diana, Metal Hammer (Germany)
"BEETHOVEN WITH BLISTERS" ARTICLE ON
"BEETHOVEN SHREDS CD!
"Juilliard trained classical
musician and face meltingly fast
shred guitarist, The Great Kat, has
a world wide release date for her
album Beethoven Shreds."
CLICKER BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT
IN "WEDNESDAY'S WEB VIDEO GEM: THE
MYSTERIOUS 'GREAT KAT'"! "Thatís The Great Kat. A Juilliard
alum turned thrash metal guitarist
with a flair for covering classical
music. A sampling of some of her
album titles should give you an idea
of what weíre working with: Digital
Beethoven on Cyberspeed, Bloody
Vivaldi, Worship Me or Die!" -
Mike, Clicker Blog
SOUTHERN FRIED GAMER FEATURES "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD IN "BEETHOVEN WITH
"Juilliard trained classical musician and face meltingly fast shred guitarist,
The Great Kat, has a world wide release date for her album Beethoven Shreds. She
takes classical music, pops the clutch and squeals the tires out of the gate, as
she is one of the world's fastest shred guitarists. The really beauty of her
music is her classical training really gives the songs a serious sense of
refinement and production value." - Will C,
Southern Fried Gamer
7MOHIJO BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "RECOMMENDED BAND OF THE DAY: THE GREAT
KAT"! "The Great Kat is an English virtuoso violinist and metal guitarist
who breaks down all classical artists like Beethoven, Paganini, Vivaldi, Mozart,
Bach. She plays her pieces at the speed of light. She is quite a character,
genius and figure, but her ample classical training allows her to reach extreme
speeds that few are able to reach." - Eddy, 7Mohijo Blog
FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "ROCK GUITARISTS"!
"Lady's shoutout: Katherine Thomas (the
Great Kat)." -
By Bill O Rights for An Ear for Music,
DE FOUTMIJN BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE
GREAT KAT - BEETHOVEN MUSH [MOSH]"!
"Who says that women can't combine metal with
classical? The Great Kat reveals that she is
absolutely multitalented. This is the most
sordid interpretation of Beethoven ever!" -
De Foutmijn Blog (Dutch)
MANUAL DO GUITARRISTA FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN
"INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY SPECIAL - GREAT KAT"!
"Great Kat was born in England and
began playing the violin at 6 years old. She
graduated with honors from Juilliard. She
decided to learn to play guitar and transform
Classical music into Metal. And if you've never
heard her music, you've certainly have heard of
it, well known for her controversial statements
and revealing pictures."
EHOW FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "COLLEGES WITH
MAJORS IN MUSIC"!
New York City's distinguished Juilliard school
offers a well regarded music program. The music
program at Juilliard features alumni such as
'The Great Kat' Katherine Thomas." - Sarah
CARMILLA ON LINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "TOO
MANY NOTES. WICKED, INCOMPLETE AND BIASED
HISTORY OF SHRED GUITAR"!
"One is surprised to discover that there exists
a human that fast, which is a furious woman. She
is called The Great Kat, always dressed like a
dominatrix and covered in blood of her enemies.
Costumed in this way, there is a madness that
borders on genius. The Great Kat has decided to
convert the immortal themes of Paganini,
Vivaldi, Beethoven and Wagner, which she calls
'shred/classical', where the scores are a hail
of bullets." -
Carmilla On Line (Italy)
NONELOUDER FEATURES "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED"
DVD! "She doesn't play, but incinerates,
classical music -- and is faster than Yngwie
Malmsteen. The Great Kat - a Juilliard graduate,
takes guitar playing, classical music, and
performance wow-ness to a whole new level." -
Melanie "Sass" Falina,
- "The Great Kat 'Beethoven's Guitar Shred' is the perfect gift to impress any rocker on your list. The Great Kat is a Juilliard trained violinist turned shredder. And she is fast. She takes Beethoven's music to all new rock -n-roll heights. She is cool and your rocker would love to get this DVD for the Holidays. This is a DVD that is going to impress the rocker in your life this Holiday season." - Susan McGlaun, I4U NEWS
CURRENT TV FEATURES THE GREAT KAT GUITAR
"Did I mention that guitar slinging is a
testosterone-driven thing?... Which is why the
music of the Great Kat is such an unique,
inevitable and astounding accomplishment. The
Great Kat is a female, heavy metal shredder of
unquestionably advanced technical proficiency
and speed on her instruments (she also plays
violin at a virtuoso level)."
- PERFECT SOUND FOREVER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN
"THE GREAT KAT AND SHRED-OMANIA"!
"The music of the Great Kat is such an unique,
inevitable and astounding accomplishment. The
Great Kat is a female, heavy metal shredder of
unquestionably advanced technical proficiency
and speed on her instruments. Her technique is
impeccable, her skills and fluidity ARE
astounding. She is quite staggering to watch and
has technique to spare. She really is one of the
best guitarists out there, bar none." -
Perfect Sound Forever
SOUTHERN FRIED GAMER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "Vote for the Great Kat
as the Fastest Guitarslinger. Think that you are the fastest Guitarist
ever? Well, your not. But the Great Kat is. Head on over and cast your
vote for the Great Kat. Then come back here for
Will_Cís review of latest album by the Great Kat."
Southern Fried Gamer
GOOD TIMES METAL OLDIES (RADIO SHOW) FEATURES
THE GREAT KAT! "THE GREAT KAT - FEATURED ON
iTUNES SHRED/CLASSICAL CDS FOR DOWNLOAD!"
AFTER REVOLUTION BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "LIST OF WORLD'S FASTEST GUITARIST"!
"The Great Kat is famous for Classical music interpretations in thrash metal music."
THE BASEMENT CLUB'S SCREENING OF "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD ON MON., JUNE 14TH! "Monday (the 14th)@ The Basement for Metal Monday we are screening THE GREAT KAT's insane,insane.insane Beethoven's Guitar Shred DVD." - Morgan Evans,
(The Basement 744 Broadway, Kingston,NY)
"10 SONGS I DEMAND THEY PUT IN ROCK BAND 3" FEATURES THE GREAT KAT ON JASON.CON.CA! "The Flight of the Bumble-Bee Ė The Great Kat. Katherine Thomas plays Speed Metal versions of classical music. Sheís a Juilliard graduate who goes by the moniker
The Great Kat. Although Flight of the Bumble-Bee is an instrumental, Kat plays it so fast that she submitted the song for a Guinness World Record for fastest guitar playing. It would make a great challenge for hardcore guitarists." - Jason MacIsaac,
NEW YORK MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "The Great Kat. The High Priestess of Guitar Shred. She can play 'Flight of the Bumblebee' at 300 beats per minute! Wagnerís War, a no-holds-barred response to September 11, includes a cover of that tender Nazi classic 'Flight of the Valkyries.' Her followers (the 'Kat slaves') think sheís just the soldier America needs. Ranked among 'The Ten Fastest Shredders of All Time.' Totally spoiling her crazy-lady rep: She studied classical violin at Juilliard." -
Melissa Maerz ,
New York Magazine, 4/21/10
INSIDER FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "The
Great Kat gets well-earned profile in New
York Magazine. Imaging Insider is a big fan
of the Great Kat, one of the 'Ten Fastest
Shredders of All Time!' You should, too.
Photographers, get your speakers and your
air guitars ready." -
Elmo Sapwater ,
ASSOCIATED CONTENT FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN
"BIZARRE CELEBRITY & MUSIC COMPOSER
COMPARISONS. Was MJ the Reincarnated Mozart?
Bach, Slayer, Big (Great) Kat and Other
Celebrity Comparisons"! "The Great Kat
Priestess of the Guitar Shred and Beethoven.
Great Kat, claimed to actually be a
contemporary Ludwig van Beethoven, can
perform some insanely crazy feats, including
performing many of Beethoven's works at
ridiculously mind-numbing speeds. Great Kat
and Beethoven demonstrated incredible music
accomplishments. (Great Kat actually holds a
degree from Juilliard)." - Sabrina Young,
MILENIO'S FEATURE STORY ON THE GREAT KAT
"DOUBLE-EDGED GUITARIST"! "To play
faster is impossible. Great Kat is the
fastest woman in the world of metal.
Guitarist who reinvents Beethoven with great
speed. Beethoven's Guitar Shred, a DVD which
puts her virtuosity to the service of these
musical geniuses, makes your hair stand on
end. Her CDs are gems of virtuosity and
ahead of time, always premised on speed. The
guitarist makes the music flow and
electrifies the senses, and she reminds us
how great were those who contributed these
notes to the history of music, and as with
the metal, she knows how to combine them
perfectly." - Israel Morales,
CLASSISSIMA FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "2010
FASTEST GUITARIST TALENTED YOUNG GUINNESS -
EXTRAORDINARY THING"! "The Great Kat is the
stage name of Katherine Thomas, who is famous
for thrash metal music with a little classical
music. Mostly played with electric guitars, but
sometimes plays the violin..." -
THE GREAT KAT "10 FASTEST GUITARIST" ON BLOGGER ON BING INFORMATION! "THE GREAT KAT [Woman]. The Great Kat is the stage name of Katherine Thomas is known for the music thrash metal with some classical music. Mostly played with electric guitar, but sometimes plays the violin. In fact Thomas is a violin instructor, a graduate of the Juilliard School and had a tour to play conventional classical music before finally crossing into metal." - Blogger On Bing Information
RIZMUM BLOG NAMES THE GREAT KAT "GUITARIST OF THE MONTH" (APRIL 2010)!
"Guitarist of the Month. April is the month for The Great Kat. She is a composer, musical revolutionary and a musician best known for her thrash metal interpretations of well-known pieces of classical music." - RizMum,
RIZMUM BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT SHRED GUITAR
GODDESS! "She is a composer, musical
revolutionary and a musician best known for her
thrash metal interpretations of well-known
pieces of classical music." - RizMum,
- ASSOCIATED CONTENT FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "RITES OF THE VALKYRIES: WOMEN IN HEAVY METAL"! "The queen of speed. The Great Kat plays shred covers of classical composers like Beethoven and Wagner. One of the fastest guitarists of all, her persona knows no limits." - Zach Zimmerman, Associated Content
INDIE AXE FACTS' INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT!
"A shredder out of New York who puts a thrash
metal spin on classical pieces..... HEAVY
RIFFAGE! The Great KAT is a virtuoso in the
field of ear-bleeding, thrash, shred-metal
versions of classical pieces."-
Dave Roberts, Indie Axe Facts
- GOTHLAW FEATURES THE GREAT KAT! "Breath-taking rendition of 'Flight of the Bumblebee' which topped out at near 400 bpm. Insane fast that is... Also, she's insane, megalomaniacal, great big hair, and has a killer body." - Der Schatten, Gothlaw
- "The Great Kat is a female metal guitar virtuoso, heavily influenced by classical music. The Great Kat demonstrates the extremes to which metal performers go to accentuate their virtuosity on various instruments."
"THE OFFICIAL HEAVY METAL BOOK OF LISTS" FEATURES THE GREAT KAT & Other Bands by ERIC DANVILLE (2009)!
"Metalheads' Stage Names and How They Got Them: #12: The Great Kat - The English-born neo-classical guitar shred goddess's first name is Katherine."
"100 (Mainly) Instrumental Heavy Metal Acts: #17. The Great Kat"
"20 (Metalheads) Who Should Never Leave Home Without Them (Spandex, Corsets, or Fishnet): #2. The Great Kat"
ABOUT.COM: CLASSIC ROCK FEATURES THE GREAT
KAT'S "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD IN "LAST MINUTE CLASSIC ROCK
CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS"! "Heavy Metal Beethoven. Ya gotta see (and hear)
this one to believe it. It's a guitar shred. A really really fast guitar
shred. Beethoven's Guitar Shred is a DVD featuring The Great Kat,
a classical violin wunderkind turned metal guitar shred virtuoso. Like I
watch and listen for yourself." - Dave
About.com: Classic Rock
ENTERTAINING EVIL FEATURES "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD IN "HOLIDAY
HOARDERS GIFT GUIDE 2009"! "Beethoven's Guitar Shred, featuring The Great
Kat, is one hell of a way to infuse both the love of metal and classical
music into one gift. With performances of classical pieces like "Flight
of the Bumblebee" amped up to 300bpm and face-melting solo work, this is
a great fun gift that will have you watching her fingers in awe." - Rene
Rosa aka Evil Adam,
TECHBITES FEATURES "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR
SHRED" DVD IN "COOL GIFTS"! "Kat is a classically trained violinist
graduated from Juilliard. But what do you do when you're a hot
(technically and physically) virtuoso? Her answer was to apply her
substantial violin technique to the electric guitar. And the results are
amazing." - Henry
MEVIO TODAY FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD IN
MEVIO MUSIC! "Michael Butler shows us some great gift ideas
for the music lover on your shopping list. This time it's the fastest
female guitarist on the planet, The Great Kat."
MEVIO TODAY 12/12/09
MEVIO MUSIC FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD IN
MEVIO'S "MUSIC HOLIDAY BUYING GUIDE"! "The Great Kat named
one of the fastest guitar players. Probably the fastest female shredder
on the face of the earth. 'Flight Of The Bumble-Bee' at 300 Beats Per
Minute. It does not get any faster than that. This makes a great
stocking stuffer." -
CURVE MAGAZINE FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN CURVE MAGAZINE'S "GIFT GUIDE 09"! "Get The Great Kat's Beethoven's Guitar Shred DVD, a hot girl doing metal to classical." -
Curve Magazine (Dec. 09)
OIDALE-ROCK BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT IN "THE GREAT KAT - WORSHIP ME OR DIE!"!
"The Great Kat is a violinist guitarist who graduated from the prestigious Juilliard School. Her music evokes to the great masters of Classical music, with a touch of violent metal and a perfect technique. She was chosen among the ten fastest guitarists to ever, and YES, it must be said, this female plays like the Gods." - By
Angel, OidalE-Rock Blog
WORLD MOVES FAST BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT!
"THE GREAT KAT. Metal!"
DE VOLKSKRANT (NETHERLANDS) FEATURES THE GREAT
hero, a phenomenon so excellent that you can't imagine the previous
years have been possible. The Great Kat is her alias, Katherine Thomas
is her real name. This New York guitar vampire dominatrix tears through
everything, but prefers the classics."
By Robert van Gijssel, Volkskrant
CLASSISSIMA FEATURES THE GREAT KAT in Opera Chic: RIP RIP RIP! The Great
Kat Shreds Beethoven! "Her mission is to bring classical music to
the masses via shred metal, a sub-genre of heavy metal music. Kat says
that dead Maestros such as Beethoven, Vivaldi, Mozart and Paganini
compliment the fast and furious strains of shred metal."
OPERA CHIC'S BLOG ON THE GREAT KAT "RIP RIP RIP! THE
GREAT KAT SHREDS BEETHOVEN"! "This Juilliard-trained violinist puts
the pedal to the metal in a neo-classical tint. She mixes Beethoven's
5th, Bach's Brandenburg, and Paganini's Caprice 24 with her shredding
GUITAR PLAYER MAGAZINE (BRAZIL) FEATURES THE
GREAT KAT! "Magazine elects the greatest female guitarists
in rock. The styles are very varied, ranging from the
simplest to the virtuoso, as is the case with The Great
Kat." - Henrique Inglez de Souza, Guitar Player
ROLLING STONE BRAZIL'S "Greatest female guitarists in rock" FEATURES
THE GREAT KAT! - Rolling Stone Brazil
METAL HAMMER MAGAZINE'S "NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL...SHREDDERS!"
FEATURES THE GREAT KAT!
- "We bring you the lords of the six-string with our guide to the
ultimate shred songs! Beethoven On Speed - The Great Kat." -
Metal Hammer Magazine
GUITAR SHRED" DVD REVIEW:
MISTER GROWL'S REVIEW OF THE GREAT KAT'S "EXTREME GUITAR SHRED" DVD! "The Great Kat. 'Extreme Guitar Shred'. Should be watched rabidly by the fans that worship the Great Kat. Not only does she rain fiery words of degradation down on her servants, but she also dispatches her victims with blood slick on her face, fret-burning fingers, and cleavage. These are moments of pure heavy metal excess that, for a dedicated fan of the Great Kat, will be their raison díetre. This is essential for the fans who say they worship their Classical-Shred Messiah." - Mister Frasier, Mister Growl
- THE GREAT KAT
NME NAMES THE GREAT KAT "TOP 8 FEMALE ELECTRIC
GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME"! "The Great Kat: When
the Juilliard trained Kat straps on the six-strings,
everything around is sucked up in a swirling vortex
of hypersonic virtuosity." -
KURIER NAMES THE GREAT KAT "THE BEST ROCK FEMALE
GUITARISTS"! "The American heavy metal guitarist
The Great Kat (born Katherine Thomas) expertly wraps
her band's Classical sounds into speed metal and
pulls it into a vortex of sonic virtuosity." -
GUITAR WORLD MAGAZINE NAMES THE GREAT KAT "50
FASTEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME"! "The Great Kat.
SIGNATURE SONG: 'The Flight of the Bumble Bee'.
Juilliard-trained virtuoso. Heavy leather dominatrix
persona so over the top." -
Guitar World Magazine
GUITAR PLAYER MAGAZINE'S "GUTS & GLITTER" NAMES THE
GREAT KAT "20 EXTRAORDINARY FEMALE GUITARISTS"!
"The Juilliard-trained violinist and guitar shredder
transforms classical masterworks into speed-metal
songs, rages like a demented dominatrix, spews
blood, bears arms, exposes her goodies, and indulges
in both mental and dramatic castrations." - Michael
Guitar Player Magazine's "Guts & Glitter"
UGO.COM NAMES THE GREAT KAT'S "BLOODY VIVALDI" CD #6
IN "THE BLOODIEST ALBUM COVERS OF ALL TIME"!
- "#6 Bloody Vivaldi. The
Great Kat is probably the most respected female
metal guitarist in the world, with her
lightning-fast shredding winning fans wherever she
goes. Most of her work is metal reinterpretations of
classical pieces, and on the cover of the 1998 EP
Bloody Vivaldi, she decided to take the title
literally and get drenched in buckets of gore. I
By K. Thor Jensen, Ugo.com
GUITAR HOLIDAY NAMES THE GREAT KAT "12 SEXY
GUITARISTS OF CHRISTMAS"! "The Great Kat Shred
Guitar Virtuoso is the only musician taking
note-for-note authentic Classical Music scores. She
is fast, technical and devilish." -
BLOG ELAPHAR NAMES THE GREAT KAT "TOP 20 GREATEST
GUITARISTS"! "The Great Kat is one of the best
guitarists in the world, and she is trained as a
classical violinist." -
EN 440 NAMES THE GREAT KAT "TOP 5 FEMALE
GUITARISTS"! "The Great Kat. She is among the 10
fastest guitarists in the world. She has a technique
worthy of admiration due to her high accuracy and
degree of perfectionism." -
ELLE MAGAZINE NAMES THE GREAT KAT "12 GREATEST
FEMALE ELECTRIC GUITARISTS"!
"The Great Kat. Of all the shredders on our list,
Juilliard-trained violinist the Great Kat (aka
Katherine Thomas) is the most mind-bogglingly fast.
Watch her fingers do the talking in the Beethoven
Mush video here. (Or just imagine the composerís
electrical symphony on amphetamines.)" -
Julie Vadnal, Elle Magazine
GREAT KAT INTERVIEWS:
MISTER GROWL'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "The Great Kat. The grand goddess of Classical/Shred. A metal icon: Blood, Beethoven, the absence of humility, and an undying crusade to SHRED." - Mister Frasier, Mister Growl
"GUITAR GODS: Katherine 'The Great Kat' Thomas!' Interview in SKINNY DEVIL MAGAZINE! "The Great Kat is hands-down the most outrageous performer on the rock scene today - no doubt about it. The Great Kat is also one of the most skilled and passionate players on the rock scene today. With her Juilliard-trained facilities, she reworks classical fare into modern-day metal anthems and blazes with a technical proficiency which is nothing short of intimidating to even many an advanced 6-string shredder." -Skinny Devil, Skinny Devil Magazine
METAL.TM'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "As a fan since 1988 I thought it was time to bring one of the best and fastest guitar player ever back in mind." - Sascha S., Metal.tm
L.A.'S MORNING NEWS LIVE INTERVIEW with THE GREAT KAT!
"Here's a little musical wake-up call. AH! 'The Flight Of The Bumble-Bee' the guitar shredding version." - Penny Griego, L.A.'s Morning News - News Talk 980
"Yeah! Banging my head to that! Let's meet the shredder behind this and a whole lot of classical inspired guitar histrionics, including the new album 'Beethoven Shreds' - THE GREAT KAT!" -Phil Hulett, L.A.'s Morning News - News Talk 980
MUSIC LEGENDS' INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT "THE GREAT KAT INTERVIEW: KATHERINE THOMAS"! Jason Saulnier, Music Legends
FEMAIL MAGAZINE'S INTERVIEW WITH THE
GREAT KAT "THE GREAT KAT BEETHOVEN SHRED
INTERVIEW"! "The Great Kat Shred
Guitar Goddess unleashes high-speed
shred guitar and violin insanity on the
blistering new 'Beethoven Shreds' CD" -
Femail Magazine (Australia) - Empowering
SLAUGHTERAMA HEAVY METAL ZINE'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT "WORSHIP
HER OR DIE! THE GREAT KAT"!
"The Great Kat, an American shredder. A sonic assault from the guitar
goddess." "Oh, Jesus, Lord almighty! This woman scared the living hell
out of me." - Max Thrasher and Brandon Williams,
Slaughterama Heavy Metal Zine
SERBIA'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT "THE GREAT KAT - WORLD'S FASTEST
GUITAR PLAYER"! "The Great Kat - world's fastest guitar player. The
Great Kat is known worldwide as an excellent guitar technician
neoclassical / speed metal genre, but also for her high eccentricity."-
Gisha and Marko Jovanovic, Metal Serbia
MILENIO'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT
"GREAT KAT BEETHOVEN"!
"She does not skimp on technique and shouts to challenge the speed on
the guitar, she is The Great Kat, who reinvents the great scores. She
executes pieces like 'The Fifth Symphony' or Bach's 'Brandenburg
Concerto' at the maximum speed on guitar and violin, with a crushing and
powerful technique." -
HOUSTON PRESS INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "The Great Kat: From Juilliard To Shred Goddess"!
"Kat is a Juilliard-trained violinist who traded in the sedate world of classical performance to play the guitar just shy of the speed needed to go back in time. Kat forces these melodies through a black hole and back out again through in a white-hot stream of incredibly fine sound particles that ascend and descend so quickly and accurately that one could debate whether the interpretations are a performance or a weapon. For those who have thus far enjoyed the carnival ride of Beethoven Shreds should have no problem putting Kat's statue alongside the greats." By Jef With One F, Houston Press
- GUITAR PLAYER MAGAZINE'S "GUTS & GLITTER" NAMES THE GREAT KAT "20 EXTRAORDINARY FEMALE GUITARISTS"! "THE GREAT KAT'S FEROCIOUS PASSION is unleashed in the service of a divine mission: zapping her ultra-virtuosic, 22nd-century shred classical concept into the synapses of what she calls the 'moron masses.' To accomplish this, the Juilliard-trained violinist and guitar shredder transforms classical masterworks into speed-metal songs, rages like a demented dominatrix, spews blood, bears arms, exposes her goodies, and indulges in both mental and dramatic castrations." - Michael Molenda, Guitar Player Magazine's "Guts & Glitter"
- "AX FACTS & STATS" BOOK FEATURES THE GREAT KAT INTERVIEW!
- "My Favorite KAT solo is: EVERY GREAT KAT GUITAR/VIOLIN SOLO IS BRILLIANT AND EAR-SPLITTING VIRTUOSITY."
- "My mission in life: THE GREAT KAT'S MISSION IN LIFE IS TO UPDATE CLASSICAL MUSIC USING SHRED METAL and BRING CLASSICAL INTO THE NEW MILLENNIUM."
- - Read Entire Interview In "AX FACTS & STATS" (Volume 1) Book by Dave Roberts
LA RELIGION DEL ROCK PESADO'S EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT!
"The Great Kat: The world's fastest guitarist, a cross between the attitude of Wendy O. Williams, the power of Kerry King and the precision of Beethoven. Incomparable virtuosity and sensuality. The one true queen of metal and classical music ... Hail Kat!!!!" Zamir Resk Facco,
La Religion del Rock Pesado
- HICLIGIN NEHRINE BLOG FEATURES THE GREAT KAT'S "WORSHIP ME OR DIE!"! "The Great Kat, thrash, death and black metal symphonic progressive style. I love this album." Gonderen Urufixx Zaman, Hicligin Nehrine Blog
GLORYDAZE MUSIC'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT "KAT GOT YOUR TONGUE?"! "The Great Kat has been relentless in her quest to merge classical music standards with thrash, resulting in some of the fastest guitar work ever heard in the genre. 'Wagner's War' feature Kat's impossible guitar technique as well as escapades on violin. It is sheer brutality." - By Alun Thomas, GloryDaze Music
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT "KAT BARES HER CLAWS" "With phenomenal speed, Kat thrashes through classical figures." -Neva Chonin, San Francisco Chronicle
- DECIBELS STORM'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "The high priestess of shred/classical is to metal what Beethoven is to classical music. The Great Kat shows that the extreme guitar can marry well with the classical greats such as Beethoven, Rossini, Wagner." -
Arzhu, Decibels Storm
- JASON.CON.CA'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "The Great Kat: Guitar Heroine, Speed Metal Queen, Juilliard graduate, and one of the worldís fastest guitarists. Besides her insanely quick playing, her trademark is that she loves to play classic pieces on her guitar. Sheís also quite terrifying." - Jason MacIsaac, Jason.con.ca
- THE GREAT KAT ON THE COVER OF NERMUN ZINE!
- THE METAL CIRCUS' INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "THE GREAT KAT IS GOD! I AM THE REINCARNATION OF BEETHOVEN!" "The Great Kat, the virtuoso violinist and guitarist of metal who shreds all classical artists such as Beethoven, Paganini, Vivaldi, Mozart, Bach. She plays their parts at the speed of light. She is quite a character, genius and figure, but her extensive classical training allows her to reach extreme speeds that few are able to reach." - By Jordi Zelig Tarrega, The Metal Circus
- AV MANIACS' INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "An AV Maniacs Exclusive: 'Evil' Ian Miller Meets The Great Kat And Lives!" "The woman that I now believe is a dark superhero sent by the ghosts of composers past in order to make darn sure nobody forgets who they are, by any means necessary, the one, the only, THE GREAT KAT!!!!" - By 'Evil' Ian Miller, AV Maniacs
TINTIN.CH INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT!
"Guitar shredding goddess par excellence." -
GERMAN VERSION HERE!)
LISTEN TO SOCIAL MEDIA HOUR'S INTERVIEW WITH THE
"An incredibly talented musician. My fingers
hurt just listening to that ("The Flight Of The
Bumble-Bee"), which is remarkable. The speed
with which her fingers are moving to do
that--it's INSANE!" - Cathy Brooks,
Social Media Hour on Blog Talk Radio
THE GREAT KAT'S OUTRAGEOUS LIVE INTERVIEW ON
METAL ASSAULT RADIO WITH VAMPYR! LISTEN NOW!
METAL ASSAULT RADIO'S LIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE
GREAT KAT ON SUN., NOV. 15 at 8:15 PM EST!
"Join The Vampyr as he interviews Guitar shred
Goddess The Great Kat. One lucky person will win
an Autographed 'Beethoven's Guitar Shred' DVD.
Live phone interview with the innovator of
Vampyr, Metal Assault Radio
D-DAY'S WICKED SPINS RADIO INTERVIEW WITH THE
GREAT KAT GUITAR SHREDDER! LISTEN NOW!
AOL'S DIGITAL CITY'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT
KAT "THE GREAT KAT WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO SHRED"!
the showmanship of metal with the intensive
musical construction of classical, Kat has
carved out a name for herself in musical history
by shredding some of the greatest musical works
of our time."
Carly Milne, AOL's
- SKYLIGHT WEBZINE'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "The metal dominatrix
that is into classical music, speed metal and S/M sex video scenes." -
Billy Yfantis, Skylight Webzine
FOUNDRYMUSIC.COM'S INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT
"Come one, come all, to see the stupendous interview with Classical
Shred Guitar virtuoso The Great Kat. If you don't, she just might bite
your head off and shit down your neck while shredding some classical
music with her feet. Beethoven's Guitar Shred DVD is really awesome. So
if you're a fan of blood and crazy guitar work, you just might want to
grab this one." -
HEAVY METAL HOG INTERVIEW WITH THE GREAT KAT! "THE GREAT KAT:
Kicking ass and taking names with Beethoven's Guitar Shred DVD" -
Heavy Metal Hog
"WORSHIP ME OR
DIE!" CD REVIEW:
MUSIC LEGENDS' REVIEW OF THE GREAT KAT'S "WORSHIP ME OR DIE!" CD!
"The Great Kat. Worship Me or Die! The Great Kat at blistering tempos and intense high pitch screams that could only be delivered by the metal messiah herself. Harmony twin solos at lightning speeds to create the originality of the Guitar Goddess. Classic guitar riffs with very fast shreds only possible by the Great Kat." - Jason Saulnier, Music Legends
NEW GREAT KAT
BACH'S "BRANDENBURG CONCERTO #3"-GREAT KAT
SHREDS GUITAR & VIOLIN with GUITAR TAB &
SARASATE'S "ZAPATEADO" Ė GREAT KAT SHREDS
SARASATE with GUITAR TABLATURE & MUSIC NOTATION!
"THE FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLE-BEE"-GREAT KAT
Juilliard Grad Violin Virtuoso SHREDS on Guitar
BEETHOVEN'S "5th SYMPHONY"-GREAT KAT SHREDS
BEETHOVEN with GUITAR TABLATURE & MUSIC
BACH'S "BRANDENBURG CONCERTO #3" starring GREAT
KAT SHREDDING 6 GUITARS!
BEETHOVEN'S "5th SYMPHONY" starring GREAT KAT'S
SHREDS" CD REVIEWS:
MISTER GROWL'S REVIEW OF THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD! "The Great Kat - Beethoven Shreds. She has the technical chops to outduel any bloodthirsty immortal wielding a six-string. A flash of her finger calluses must make her must love-struck fans faint. The highlight of the album, 'Paganiniís Caprice #24,' offers the most diverse display of skill. She commands each tempo shift with precision and blistering intensity, burning the strings to ash on both her violin and guitar. Itís an astounding achievement that absolutely needs to be shared. The Great Kat takes familiar songs and beats them with chains, spits acid on them, and injects them with hellfire." - By Mister Frasier, Mister Growl
MUSIC LEGENDS' REVIEW OF THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN ON SPEED" CD! "The Great Kat. Beethoven on Speed. Flight of the Bumble-Bee, is showcased at very high tempos from the Great Katís fingers. The God track lets you hear multi-layered guitar solos played simultaneously which the Kat made famous as one of her trademarks. Those who saw Beethoven Mosh know what sexy and lust mixed together with Classical Thrash Metal looks like. Pure Kat. Paganiniís 24 Caprice track in honor of the great Niccolo Paganini. The solos in this track feature insane picking at top speed. This Classical and Thrash Metal album brings the audience to its knees." - Jason Saulnier, Music Legends
- THE ENTERTAINMENT BANK'S REVIEW OF THE GREAT KAT'S "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD! "THE GREAT KAT IS A MUSICAL GENIUS!" "The Great Kat, who is the world's fastest guitarist and plays the ultimate shred guitar, is a musical genius! 'Beethoven Shreds', doing Beethoven's 5th Symphony at lightning speed. All of the songs on this CD are played at a speed that only the most accomplished musicians could even hope to keep up with. What The Great Kat does in just a few moments is breathtaking. The speed at which she is able to play, while remaining in control of the music, is both amazing and perplexing. When you speak of 'doing things my way,' think of The Great Kat because that's exactly what she is doing by taking her gift as a classical violinist and transforming it into metal shredding of her violin and guitar in an astoundingly brilliant way. I highly recommend this CD." - Charles A. Smith, The Entertainment Bank
METAL FORCES MAGAZINE'S REVIEW OF THE GREAT KAT'S "WORSHIP ME OR DIE!" CD! "Musically the album has a lot of high points and Kat certainly shows plenty of ability on the fretboard and shows her virtuosity with a frenzied violin solo on ĎDemonsí. Best cuts (musically) are probably the anthemic ĎMetal Messiahí and the outíníout thrash of ĎSatan Saysí. The strong riffing ĎAshes To Dustí is also worth a mention and so too is the excellent production. If you like thrash with commercial appeal then Worship Me Or Die! is worth investigation." - Bernard Doe, Metal Forces Magazine
MORNING STAR'S REVIEW OF "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD!
"Beethoven Shreds. The Great Kat is a speed
metal guitarist who has now applied her unique
talent to Beethoven. The huge shreds displayed
on this album will not disappoint fans of the
genre. Not only is Kat a great guitarist, she's
a classical violinist to boot. Tracks like
Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or Bach's Brandenburg
Concerto show this off to great effect with
riffs that will blow you away. With the amount
of talent on show this music can only be
appreciated on a concert stage where it can be
enjoyed at its fullest." - Adrian Roberts,
Morning Star (U.K.)
METAL MAIDENS' REVIEW OF "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD!
RATING: 10/10 (FULL SCORE) "THE GREAT
KAT-Beethoven Shreds. She plays it wild, rough,
raw, loud, yet always with the same passion as
Ludwig would have done it. Oh, and she plays it
faster, so much faster. I call this lady a
musical genius. This lady is really bringing
classical music into the new millennium, showing
everybody that itís cool to listen to classical
music. As a true KAT slave I do not only bow for
my mistress, I also reward her with the full
score for this new speed metal classical piece
of art. THE GREAT KAT rules." - Toine van
THE SCENE NEWSPAPER'S REVIEW OF "BEETHOVEN
"Beethoven Shreds. The Great Kat blazes her way
through The Flight of the Bumblebee, the famous
opening of Beethovenís 5th. If you like your
classical music fast, furious and with a speed
metal twist, check out
- Jim Lundstrom,
The Scene Newspaper
DISCIPLINED MONKEY STUDIOS' REVIEW OF "BEETHOVEN
SHREDS" CD! "Let's Shred the Symphony.
'Beethoven Shreds', with The Great Kat's amazing
speed she will blow your mind and amaze you with
how short the tracks of classical music become
when someone can play so amazingly fast. Her
rendition of 'The Flight of the Bumble-Bee' will
simply blow your mind and will have you
replaying it over and over again." - Erick
Disciplined Monkey Studios
EYE ON DANCE AND THE ARTS' REVIEW OF "BEETHOVEN
SHREDS" CD! "BEETHOVEN SHREDS. If you like
your classical music at locomotive speed and
Jimi Hendrix styled sonic guitar, then take a
listen to Juilliard rebel The Great Kat zip
through The Flight of the Bumble Bee, Bach's
Brandenburg Concerto #3 and Paganini's Caprice
#24. It's worth considering using this music as
cool entre into the world of classical music for
unsuspecting youths. Fast she is, wild she
is---catch your breath and spin a listen." -
Eye on Dance and the Arts
REVIEW ON AMAZON.COM! "5/5 STARS! Beethoven
Shreds is a high-octane wild ride of a musical
performance by The Great Kat. Exciting
masterpiece, encouraging all generations of
music lovers to experience Beethoven in a whole
new way. Highly recommended!" -Midwest
5/5 stars. The Great Kat is back, and playing
her guitar the only way she knows how..FAST!
She's listed as one of the top 50 fastest
guitarist's of all time, and she's unleashed her
latest effort called 'Beethoven Shreds'. So if
you like fast guitars, then go and get this CD."
Guillermo Rascon, Loud Reviews
Kat, 'Beethoven Shreds' (TPR): The
fleet-fingered British guitarist takes on a
variety of classical pieces, including
Beethovenís Fifth symphony, a couple of Bach
pieces and 'The Flight of the Bumble-Bee.'" -
Gary Graff, The Oakland Press
Great Kat releases another blistering
sonic assault on your eardrums. Do you
like really fast metal? Do you enjoy
some Beethoven? Well put them in a turbo
blender and you get The Great Kat
'Beethoven Shreds'. This CD smashes you
in the face right when you press play.
The Great Kat puts down a blistering
pace and never lets up. It's classical
music set to 11, super fast and
extremely brutal. If you like fast ass
guitar / classical metal that wears your
skin like Ed Gein pick this up." -
Jon Chase, The Dstroyr Blog
"Beethoven Shreds is a high-octane wild
ride of a musical performance by The
Great Kat, who may well be the fastest
guitarist in the world (unless someone
can step forth and challenge her title)!
The Great Kat performs furious,
magnificent shreds of Beethoven's
classics on both the violin and the
electric guitar (often with orchestra &
band) in this exciting masterpiece,
encouraging all generations of music
lovers to experience Beethoven in a
whole new way. Highly recommended!" -
James A. Cox, The Midwest Book Review's
Great Kat Beethoven Shreds. All of her
greatness is defined in this one neat
package. Her interpretations will 'wow'
anyone that hears them. The speed and
ferocity that she displays is by far
superior to any other I've ever heard.
If you do not own other Great Kat albums
go get this one! Mind blowing, guitar
fueled experience that you will want to
replay numerous times over." - Dennis
D-Day's Revenge Metalzine
Kat handles classical chords
effortlessly, with razor sharp focus and
plays her violin and guitars, incredibly
faster than Beethoven would have had
ever ventured to dream. She is an
inspiration to us all. THE GREAT KAT THE
FASTEST SHRED GUITAR FETISHIST." - Naja
Peter Kemp's Theatre
"The Great Kat - Beethoven Shreds. Besides the
respect for the unbelievable skills that one
needs to pull this kind of thing off, I have to
admit that I like what I hear. I think it's kind
of refreshing and very funny to hear these
classical melodies being performed in a more
contemporary way. Over the top? You bet.
'Beethoven Shreds' shows a nice equilibrium
between skill, an adventurous approach and
humour. And I like that." - Peter Van Laarhoven,
"Pure Speed at itís
finest. The Great Kat, unleashes the classics at
ultimate speed." -Jason Saulnier,
- THE GREAT KAT COVER STORY:
Cover Story: "The Great Kat has earned a
completely justified reputation as one of the world's fastest rock guitarists -
her 'shredding' has to be heard to be believed."
is truly one of the fastest and most over-the-top guitarists in the history of
metal, and that can't be disputed. One of the best locally produced albums of
GREAT KAT'S SHRED/CLASSICAL CDS!:
- ITUNES & AMAZON (U.S., Germany, U.K., Japan, France) HAVE THE GREAT KATíS "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!
Experience Beethoven, Paganini, Bach,
"The Flight Of The Bumble-Bee" & More
Electrifying Great Kat Virtuoso Guitar
THE GREAT KAT'S NEW "BEETHOVEN SHREDS" CD OUT NOW! The UNDISPUTED Worldís
Fastest Guitar Shredder - The Great Kat - SHREDS Beethoven, Bach, Paganini &
Rimsky-Korsakov On The New ďBeethoven ShredsĒ CD!
The Great Kat,
The World's Fastest Guitarist, unleashes the ULTIMATE Shred Guitar CD,
FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLE-BEE"
Shredding at 300 BPM!
world's most famous 4 notes!
"BRANDENBURG CONCERTO #3"
with 6 shredding guitars!
starring Great Kat's demonic guitar
"BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD REVIEWS:
"Another great dvd issued by the Great Kat. She
looks great, she plays harder, as always the Great Kat is above the
rest. Paganini done by the Great Kat is how it should be done."
"Great Kat strikes again. Beethoven's Guitar Shred contains
classical music from Beethoven, Paganini and Bach revised in very,
very fast heavy metal music and also the known Korsakov's 'Flight of
the Bumblebee', played in 300 bpm! Great Kat is a great
instrument player. She easily shreds the guitar and the violin
playing with devilish quickness and surely deserves the honors she's
got from magazines from the US." -George Christodoulopoulos,
"BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED. THIS DVD IS JUST OUTRAGEOUS, IF YOU'RE A
GUITAR PLAYER OR JUST LOVE MUSIC YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS DVD TO
BELIEVE. IT'S THE GREAT KAT" - Tex Hughes,
DVD Tip Sheet
HOME CINEMA CHOICE'S REVIEW OF "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD! "The
Great Kat rises again as Beethoven gets the guitar shred treatment
on DVD" "If you
like heavy metal, distorted guitars and wild ladies in bondage gear,
we have just about the perfect DVD for you - The Great Kat's
Beethoven's Guitar Shred. Kat's 'shredding' style is based on her
classical violin education, now put to use mangling the greats of
classical music into a nerve-jarring aural assault of
finger-blisteringly fast electric noise. It is something you'll want
to watch over and over again, as much for Kat's scantily-clad,
blood-spattered dominatrix stage persona as for her blistering
performances." - Chris Jenkins,
Home Cinema Choice, July 2010
"The Great Kat's take on classical music, which is what she's really
known for, I think my favorite video would have to be 'Beethoven's
Fifth Symphony,' which is simply brutal. 'Hot Shred Bits 2,' that
flash by to the tune of some seriously fast shred guitar. I know The
Great Kat will never disappoint me...and I can't think of any other
artist that I can say that about. So, if you ask me if this release
is worth checking out...my response would be, 'You're damn right it
is!'" - Paul Autry,
"This dvd is made for guitar
enthusiasts who believe speed is everything. They will love this
dvd. For speed freaks." - David Berkham,
DVD Corner's Blog
AV MANIACS' REVIEW OF "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD!
"Kat has secured her position
as the only classically-trained violinist-turned scantily-clad
demonic guitar dominatrix and ambassador of the fine musical arts!
Wow. It's difficult not to be bowled over by The Great Kat when she
pretty much leaves you no alternative! Centering in on the universal
male love of blood, cleavage and wickedly fast/intricate guitar
displays. BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED, an ultra high-energy paen to
Ludwig Van, J.S. Bach, Rimsky-Kosakov, that devilish Paganini, and
of course, The Great Kat herself." - Ian Miller,
"Beethovenís Guitar Shred is a
collection of Katís videos showing her playing various classical
pieces, Speed Metal style. If The Flash played guitar, this is what
it would look like. Several magazines proclaim her one of the
worldís fastest guitarists, and I believe it. Itís astonishing to
watch. The music is recognizable to anyone who knows the
classical pieces. Flight of the Bumble Bee would be great for
any arcade game with a frantic pace. Sheís also such an extreme
personality that I could see The Great Kat herself in a videogame.
Sheíd fit right in BrŁtal Legend, and I could totally see her in a
nasty fight with Bayonetta." - Jason MacIsaac,
FAB MAGAZINE'S REVIEW OF "BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR
"The Great Kat dazzles with her virtuosic
high-voltage guitar technique (and penchant for
heavy metal/goth) on her
Beethoven's Guitar Shred DVD.
Wildly entertaining." -
fab Magazine March 2010
"The Great Kat hardcore metal musician with some serious
shred, Iím talkin bloody fingers fast dudes. She takes
classic tunes and mixes it up with some metal and produces
one unique, fast-paced sound. Thereís nothing like seeing a
woman spread wide with a guitar between her legs. If youíre
a fan of heavy metal then definitely take The Great Katís
Beethovenís Guitar Shred for a spin; itís a unique spin on
classic hits thatís sure to please. Itís been Valkor tested
and TOV Approved." - By Valkor,
The Other View
"It is my honor to say that her
music videos are even more warped and gory than they were when I
first started listening to her music! Sheís known for awesome guitar
shredding, playing classical songs at fast speeds, screaming, and
being worshipped." By
Mike Burmeister, Adrenalin Metal Union
"'Beethoven's Guitar Shred', a DVD
featuring Kat's way over the top imagery and absolutely mindblowing
guitar playing. Kat's technique through out the DVD has to be seen
and heard to be believed; one can practically smell the fretboard
WestSide Dave Webzine
"I never saw such a guitar play before and I think I will never see
it again. Incredible technique! The Great Kat managed to play guitar
at the highest speed possible. And she is precise like a clock (I
mean an atom-clock here). One of the best guitar plays on this
globe. Her technique is incredible and cannot be copied by most of
the guitarist out there. Every guitar hero fan can enjoy watching
this. One of the best guitarist on this planet." - By
Ghul Productions (Germany)
"Today one of the best ('shredding') is The
Great Kat. Kat really is original and inventive and
like nothing that has come before. One might compare
her to Janis Joplin."
Chuck N. Baker, Veterans Reporter
"Wow! Very rarely does a DVD come along that
inspires the old 'You'll have to see it to believe
it!' But such is the case with The Great Kat's
Beethoven's Guitar Shred, an amazing display of
speedy guitar wizardry. Kat slices and dices the
Paganini composition with precision on guitar but
she also plays a violin part that makes Charlie
Daniels' fiddle-off with the devil on 'The Devil
Went Down to Georgia' look like a molasses-dripping
Kevin Wierzbicki, ANTIMUSIC.COM
"The Great Kat's new
DVD is out now and is already setting fire to
guitars. She's been named one of the fastest
guitarists of all time and she means business on
this DVD." -
recommended for metal fans." By Midwest Book Review
"Her guitar performance is beyond energetic,
transcending to the level of mania, as she shreds a
ferocious medley of Beethoven, Bach, and raw fervor.
A raucous blend of classical music, heavy metal, and
stinging social commentary. Beethoven's Guitar Shred
is truly unforgettable, and especially recommended
for metal fans." - James A. Cox,
Midwest Book Review
"Ultra-Speed Metal of
incredible dexterity. She lays her hands with
incredible ready fingers and flying speed on the
works of great masters. Beethoven's 5th Symphony,
Bach's Third Brandenburg Concerto, and of course the
famous Flight of the Bumblebee by Rimsky-Korsakov
shredded at full speed. This is technically
Matthias Kerber, Abendzeitung (Germany)
"The Great Kat is a
leather-clad dominatrix who plays lightning-fast
metal versions of the classics. This is sex meets
shred as Kat rips through The Flight Of The Bumble
Bee on electric guitar at 300 beats per minute." -
Paul Cole, Sunday Mercury (U.K.)
"The Great Kat has
launched her new DVD in which the extraordinary guitarist includes
classic works by the deaf genius (Beethoven), Bach and Paganini.
Katherine Thomas broke speed records by playing the famous piece
"The Flight of the bumblebee" at a dizzying 300 beats per minute. A
fierce guitarist specializing in heavy metal versions of the
Guillermo Aguilera, Contenido (Mexico)
"To the beat of
Beethoven at Full Speed. The extraordinary guitarist in this work
shows a strong and terrifying personality. A DVD for heavy people, a
strange mixture of rock, classical music, hemoglobin, some sex and
Guillermo Aguilera, Supermexicanos (Mexico)
"Leather-clad shred guitarist Kat Thomas tears into
a selection of classical pieces at breakneck speed
including Rimsky-Korsakov's 'The Flight of the
Bumble Bee', Paganini's Caprice 24, Beethoven's 5th
Symphony and Bach's Brandenburg Concerto." -
"'Beethoven's Fifth' and 'Paganini's Caprice #24' get a boost of
amphetamines, going by in a blur of notes that's over nearly as soon as
it starts. Shredder acrobatics and shocking stage show. The Great Kat's
place as one of the top 10 fastest guitar-shredders in the world is
definitely secure! I can highly recommend these to all fans of hers.
Hear some classics played at speeds you can scarcely imagine while have
your senses shaken in every conceivable way." -
Nolan B. Canova, Nolan's Pop Culture Review
"The Great Kat should be feared because her hyper-blasting,
neo-classical, whirlwind guitar playing is so precise and intense. This
woman really is a better guitarist than most men ever were. Beethovenís
Guitar Shred DVD is a portable clinic of seemingly inhuman guitar
antics. Dominating torture, blood, fire, anti-terrorist sentiments
Ė all wrapped in an oddly tasteful, hyper-classical visual feast." -
Mark Morton, Heavy Metal Examiner
"Move over, Jamie Foxx. The Soloist's insanely genius
Juilliard apprentice is up against some formidable competition, and
she's female. The Great Kat is basically showing the male competition
how it's done, better and faster. Her raging, fast forward in real
time Beethoven's Guitar Shred is like nothing that has come before. A
mix 'n match medley of Beethoven, Bach, Abu Ghraib and Islamic
insurgency. A classical/metal lovers everywhere wakeup call, these
mini-musicals for guitar, violin and machete could very well blow your
Prairie Miller, NewsBlaze
"Another great DVD issued by the Great Kat. She looks great,
she plays harder, as always the Great Kat is above the rest. Paganini
done by the Great Kat is how it should be done." -
Jason Saulnier, Host, Good Time Metal Oldies Radio Show
"More female chauvinist than
feminist, Kat is best described as a 21st century Janis Joplin who
breaks out of the conventionally assigned gender role limitations of
acceptable female behavior, creatively and otherwise, to give the
historically male dominated music scene a woman's energy and edge." -
Prairie Miller, Critical Women On Film Journal - The Women Film Critics
"THE GREAT KAT is well-known as the virtuoso of
guitar and the violin as well as as the original interpreter of works of
classic music: Bach, Beethoven, Wagner, Mozart, Paganini and others. The
artist is the champion of shredding. The works are played with
improbable speed - these are the very quick, mad and furious
compositions full of solos as well as brutal screams." -
Metal Centre Webzine
"The original Queen of scream and metal shred
returns with a collections of videos on one powerful DVD of intense
metals that only THE GREAT KAT can deliver." -
Whitfield, Toxic Flyer Zine
"BEETHOVEN'S GUITAR SHRED" DVD RATES
10 OUT OF 10
FROSTER ONLINE UKRAINIAN METAL PORTAL!
- "The Great Kat is famous for her
thrash metal interpretations of well known pieces of classical music.
Although she is an accomplished violinist, this concentrates on her
virtuoso use of the electric guitar. Kat gets through a number of
well known pieces at breakneck speed." -
David Burbidge, Movie Central.TV
- "Very exact instrumental interpretations and always at full speed."
Eloy Teixido, Won E'mer Webzine
- "She possesses a prodigious talent, a virtuosic precision that
allows her to play classical transcriptions on her guitar at upwards of
300 beats per minute. The Great Kat is one of those outsize
performing personas as well as a masterful musician." -
Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
Read Entire Review Now!
- "The Great Katís guitar playing is ridiculously
fast. Kat Thomas' tears in to The Flight Of the
Bumble Bee with accuracy and speed. Her shred
rendition of Paganiniís Caprice #24 is also at a
mind-blowing speed. Beethovenís 5th Symphony is
nimble, precise and fast. Bachís Brandenburg
Concerto ends the classical shred on this DVD with a
bang and really leaves you wanting more." - Scott,
- "The Great Kat
plays at lightening speed that itís impossible to
see her fingers moving up and down the fret. Layers
upon layers of intricate fast guitar playing that
will make grown men and women sell their guitars.
The Great Kat is a musical enigma bringing together
what some might consider Godís soundtrack and the
Devilís music in a raging war. Great stuff." - Jim
- "The Great Kat has stamped a place
in metal as not only a virtuoso but also as a fiery character. This DVD
is a collection of her performing as a metal maiden, and the music
videos are as enticing as they are entertaining. It is indeed a
treat to see any person play instruments at such punishing tempo." -
Bill Zebub, The Grimoire
- "The Great Kat takes guitar
playing, classical music, and performance wow-ness to a whole new level.
She's outrageous, dangerous, and ferocious -- she's The Great Kat - and
if you haven't heard her play yet, after you ingest this DVD you'll
never be the same." -
Melanie 'Sass' Falina
, UnRated Magazine
- "FASTER, PUSSYKAT! KILL! KILL!"
"The Great Kat is tearing the masters a fresh one on her new DVD,
Beethoven's Guitar Shred. 'Flight of the Bumblebee,' in the hands
of the Great Kat, becomes a teeth-gnashing, sphincter-seizing assault.
The chick diddles the fret board like her digits are nothing less than
an industrial machine." -
F., Decibel Magazine
- "The world famous musical phenomenon that is called The Great
Kat is back with an awesome DVD. An outstanding achievement on how
Great Kat can shred these classical pieces of music and turn them
into extreme Speed Metal with her genius virtuosity. Her ability to
melt our ear drums with her furious shredding guitar technique." -
- "Guitar aficionados marvel at
the speed of her playing and her ability to maintain such precision
despite that speed. Get a feel for what she's all about while
watching her fingers fly up and down the frets. Pick up a copy and
- "Her ability to dazzle you with her
speed and skill are not to be missed. The classical music selections
highlight not only her shred virtuosity on the guitar, but violin as
well. Witness her lightning speed and blinding virtuosity. While she is
indeed quick and nimble on the strings, she plays with a clarity and
exactness that belies her swiftness." -
Michael E. Carver, Michael's Movie Mayhem
- "The sheer virtuosity of the woman
is nothing short of flabbergasting. She goes from guitar to violin with
ease, working with precision and speed. I liked very much her rendition
of Bach's 3rd Brandenburg concerto. I have heard other versions
including the famous Switched On Bach version from Wendy Carlos and
Kat's version deserves a place in the list of famous interpretations of
this masterpiece." -
Fielden, MetalAngels Productions
- "Ultimate, electrifying, incandescent, revolutionary
Naja Kemp, Peter Kemp's Theatre
- "'Beethoven's Guitar Shred' is entertaining from
beginning to end. Jaw-dropping 'The Flight Of The
Bumble-Bee'. What makes The Great Kat's fretwork so
impressive isn't just her incredible speed but it's her
clarity. She's playing classical music tunes on an
electric guitar at around 300 beats per minute and you
can hear every note. Man, she nails it!" Rating: 4 stars
out of 4. -
R. Scott Bolton, Rough Edge
"Genius at work in this metal
This Juilliard-trained violinist puts
her intensely fast fingers to new use
playing some of the fastest shredding youíre
ever going to hear on both electric guitar
mazing version of 'Flight of the Bumblebee.'"
Jonathan Knell, Campus Circle
- "What a blast! This DVD was something else! Very
fast guitar and violin playing, a loud mixture of
heavy metal and classical played by a buxom gal in a
leather halter and black fish net stockings. Talk
about roll over Beethoven! I enjoyed the mutant
classical stuff on this DVD and plan on sharing it
with other classical music/loud guitar fans." -
Andrew M, Home Theater Forum
"'Beethoven's Guitar Shred' is a very pleasant
surprise! I am now able to watch her shredding on
the guitar and enjoying every minute.
I would give The
Great Kat's 'Beethoven's Guitar Shred' a big thumbs
Dennis Day, D-Day's Revenge
- The contents of all music, photos, graphics, text
and videos are protected by copyright
and may not be used or
reproduced without prior express written authorization from the